COVID-19 and your business
We are looking for a system engineer to manage and develop Fides, our UHF RFID-based technology platform that supports our services. This platform comprises tags to connect textile items, readers to capture and transmit data, and middleware and software to store, manage and report data.
The main areas of operation for the system engineer are the maintenance and development of the support services and reader application of Fides. These are broken down into incident care and problem solving, new development, and customer-specific modifications.
- Develop detailed knowledge of the architecture and source code of Fides and its applications
- Identify and resolve issues, in order to ensure uninterrupted performance of Fides
- Query error logs to determine error sources
- Develop cyber security processes that protect against data corruption
- Develop Fides to remain ‘best in class’ and to meet changing customer demands
- Build APIs as and when required for specific customer functionalities
- Ensure close communication with the customer support team
- Instruct and train the customer support team on any new functionalities of Fides
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Bachelor level Computer Science, IT or equivalent
- Proven work experience in RFID and IoT environments
- Highly motivated, inquisitive and solution driven
- Experience in working with MS Azure and C#
- Familiarity with SQL, ASP.NET, Entity, Angular and Xamarin
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent English speaker. German, French or other languages are a plus
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Multilingual work environment where English is the corporate language
- Home based
- Full-time employment
To apply, please upload your latest CV and a cover letter which outlines your motivation to take on this role.
We are a technology company that has created a track and trace system that transforms the way in which textiles are produced, used and disposed across a number of sectors, and which opens up new transactional strategies, such as leasing.
Through our technology we have created a new market: Connected Textiles. We believe that, for the foreseeable future, this technology-driven market will co-exist with the traditional ‘unconnected’ textiles offering, eventually and inevitably replacing it, as our model uniquely improves service, reduces cost and saves cash.
We have developed monetization strategies for each stage of the life cycle of industrial textiles, which is virtually untouched by technology. Our focus is on all markets that suffer from a lack of control mechanisms to manage textiles in a way that meets their demands for operational and financial efficiency, health and safety, and environmental sustainability.